Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pwny Express!

A brand new month and a whole new look for My Li'l Pwnies.  For those of you who just can't get enough pink in your life .. hold on .. it will be coming!  For this month, however, Captain Jack and the Pirate Code is in play.   We'll be boarding other ships and takin' booty, me hearties!  Pour an extra ration of grog today for ...
  • 80:  Jacx
  • 70:  Kalais
♫♪♪♫♪♫♫
Notes
  • As we head into the rush and craziness of December in a consumer economy ... stop and remember that it is not how much money we spend on someone that really counts.  Here's an idea for a gift that your family will remember forever, and I've done this so I can tell you that after a decade, they still talk about this. 

    If you're handy with a computer ... or have a friend who is ... make up your own wine bottle labels.   Purchase wine of your choice (or if you have homemade, even better) [soak the labels off pre-purchased wine] and apply your own label.  Now ... if you can make up a two or three paragraph story to go along with the wine, that makes it even better.  In one case, my brother had styled himself the unofficial mayor of a small hamlet where we grew up, so I made up a label for that.  In another year, I made one up to go with the family dairy business.  In another, I made up a funny history for the family of my husband.  Like I said .. about three paragraphs long.  Wine under $10 each ... memories forever.
♫♪
  • If you have any other ideas for inexpensive, thoughtful gifts, let me know and I can share them here.
Kittens and balloons ... don't try this at home, kids!

1 comment: