Saturday, October 23, 2010

Trip to the zoo with chaochao

I thought it might be time for another field trip and Chaochao wanted to go too! Well, silly me, I thought a trip to a zoo might be a rather sedate setting for our hyper mage. My mistake! I shoulda made him leave his lil mage stick home!!

That boy is busier than a bee in an April bluebonnet field!!  Every step I took he was circling around me ten times at least! I thought he might turn me into butter with all that churnin' about.

We finally got to the zoo and the questions began to fly. His tongue has gotta be sunburned he was yappin' it so much. I tried to answer all his questions, but there was just no satisfying the boy.

Then he went from rambunctiously curious to dangerously experimental. By experimental I mean he was trying out all sorts of spells he had never tried before. I swear I think he was makin' em up as he went. Before I knew it the poor giraffe suddenly developed 'no' neck!! It just plumb disappeared. While I was trying to get him to fix that he zapped the zebra and danged if his stripes didn't just fall right off!!

Then he swapped the lions mane for the rhinos horns...if you can imagine a maned rhino and a horned lion then you get the picture! And don't evah, I say, don't evah make a horned lion mad!!

Well, I finally settled him down by just usin' some of Uncle Foghorn's philosopy...I said, "Look at me, I say, Look at me boy, when I'm tawkin' to you!!" He hushed a minute and I told him he needed to fix some of this mess he made. I got a blank look so I said, "Son, any of this sinking in that pea brain, son?" I swear that boy must be Henery the chicken hawk in disquise. He settled down and seemed to get my drift and started thinkin' about what he could do. He fixed most of it except that poor giraffe is gonna have to eat just very low bushes from now on! And the zebra well he put the stripes back on but still had to get fancy with that danged stick as you can see in the picture below.


That's the last time I let Iola tawk me into takin' Chao to the zoo alone!! Next field trip I'm gonna let Zimmi and Iola take our boy!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha .. no chance. He's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh no I cannot take the backwards talking! It's up to you Birdie! Yer the hero! :)

    ReplyDelete