Saturday, October 2, 2010

Wars and Friends

The funny thing about guild wars and arena bouts is that, contrary to their immediate purpose, they can lead to good friendships.   Zimmi and I met when I was with a different guild climbing our way up the Hall of Fame rankings and continually meeting the Pwnies in battle.

I'd seen Zimmi's posts on the forums and so knew her name.  I think I sent her a silly note, which is kinda my way of breaking the ice.  She responded back and we occasionally chatted.  So when I went looking for a new guild, she was one of the guild leaders I knew.

I take the time to write to people I meet in arena constantly so they know I'm not serious about winning or particularly bothered by losing.

This is one of the basic tenets of My Li'l Pwnies.  We are friendly with everyone.  Whether we are goofing around inside the dojo with guildies, cracking a pony keg below stairs, meeting an honorable opponent in arena or on the battlefield, we expect that you will represent us with pride, fair play and friendliness.

So we encourage you to drop a line to those people you are meeting or who are beating you in arena and send a friendly wave.  An action like that may just be the reason we pick them up as a new guild member when they are next looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment